Sunday, June 3, 2012

Comrades Marathon Finish 2012

Calvin and Late-Lynn at the Finish



Matt comes in under 7 1/2 hours

I've watched the Comrades Marathon (89km) almost all my life as I've lived in three houses along the route from Pietermaritzburg to Durban... so it's been champagne and orange and egg rolls alongside the road for many years, cheering on the runners. Today was the first time I have been to the Finish and watched the first runner home as well as Llewellyn's brother-in-law Matt make it home for his second Comrades, doing both an uprun and today a downrun. Well done Matt! It's an incredible achievement... something I could never contemplate doing myself. What amazed me also is the fast pace that runners were keeping up right to the end of the race. Truly amazing.
Dave and Kate-Lynn in the Chep box at the Finish


No comments:

Post a Comment