Saturday, January 22, 2011

Deputy Mayor of Durban 1994/1995


My son Mark and his mates are at an age where they are growing stubble/beard tufts and looking at my weekend stubble they suggested I should grow a beard. None of them seemed to know that I grew one for 10 years and during my time as Deputy Mayor of Durban in 1994/5.

So I found one of my old photos for you, including the big glasses!! I think this photo was taken at my inaugural acceptance speech at the City Hall in 1994. This was before digital photography so I scanned  it and uploaded. I shaved it off when the little white patches started to spread wildly.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave
    The good ol days. Bluff canvassing, Southern Outlook, pool parties, friends with a few mercenaries....where do I stop
    I wonder if you will have the same amount of energy and zeal in the next life?

    Good on you Dave

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete